Textbook Rental Programme
The Textbook Rental/Loan Programme (TRP) provides textbooks and other educational resources to all students, free of charge. This programme is part of the Ministry of Education's effort ensure all students have equal access to quality education. Educational items are loaned to students and must be returned to the school at the end of the academic year. Parents and guardians are urged to ensure that their children take good care of the textbooks and other items they are loaned.
Who is eligible?
Your child will receive textbooks and/or other educational materials if he or she is:
- Attending a government, government assisted or private Primary or Secondary School.
- Enrolled in a remedial programme in Primary or Secondary School.
- Attending a Special Education institution.
- Attending an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Centre.
- Enrolled in Technical or Vocational Training at the Secondary Level (at a special education Institution).
What textbooks and materials will my child receive?
Your child will receive textbooks and educational materials for their class level. Students in Form 4 are loaned textbooks and other resources for a period of two school years, covering both Forms 4 and 5. All other students are loaned textbooks and other resources for a period of one school year.
All students in Primary School receive textbooks covering the subjects of Reading, Mathematics, Science, and Language Arts. In addition, students in the class levels listed below receive an additional textbook or educational resource.
- Infant 1 - Social Studies.
- Standard 2 - English dictionary.
- Standard 3 - an atlas.
- Form 1 - Mathematics, Science, English Language, Spanish, Physical Education, Social Studies, Music and Visual and Performing Arts. They are also loaned an Atlas, an English Dictionary and a Spanish/English Dictionary.
- Form 2 - Mathematics, Science, English Language, Spanish, Physical Education, Social Studies, Music and Visual and Performing Arts.
- Form 3 - Mathematics, Science, English Language, Spanish, Physical Education, Music and Visual and Performing Arts. If starting the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Programme, Form 3 students are also loaned textbooks covering the subjects of History, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Form 4 - the eight subject areas being pursued at examination level. They are also loaned Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Past Papers and Syllabi in all subject areas and Study Guides in the areas of Social Studies, English A and Mathematics and Principles of Business.
- Lower Form 6 - Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) Past Papers and Syllabi in all subject areas and Study Guides in the areas of Accounting, Communication Studies and Caribbean Studies, Computer Science, Management of Business, Law and Information Technology.
Where can I find more information?
For more information, please contact the Ministry of Education Textbook Rental Programme (TRP) Unit or the THA's Department of Education.
Textbook Rental Programme (TRP) Unit
Rudranath Capildeo Learning Resource Centre
Southern Main Road
Mc Bean, Couva
Trinidad, West Indies
Tel. (868) 679-2574/5 ext. 1016, 1080, 1081 or 636-1057/69/70
Fax. (868) 636-3071/9296/1397
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, except public holidays.
Department of Education
Division of Education, Youth Affairs, and Sport
ANSA Mc Al Building
Tobago, West Indies
Tel./Fax. (868) 635-2219 or (868) 639-3105 / 5680
Opening hours: 8:00 am to 4:15 pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Friday, except public holidays.
You can also visit the Ministry of Education's website by following the link below.