The Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE) eService is provided by the Ministry of Tertiary Education and Skills Training (MTEST) with the purpose of automating the processes for student applications, Tertiary Level Institution (TLI) verification and Clearance approval of GATE applications.
Who is Eligible?All citizens of Trinidad and Tobago who are accepted into a recognised tertiary programme may apply for GATE funding via the GATE eService.
How do I access the GATE eService?
- Step 1: Register for a GATE eService ID at an approved registration centre (one-time process)
- Step 2: Apply for GATE Funding via the eService (The GATE application will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete) Click here to go to the registration page!
- Step 3: View application status online OR Receive status updates via email
- Step 4: Amend / Re-submit application (only if required)
- Step 5: Sign Letter of undertaking (upon approval)
What Items/Documents are required?
- Registered GATE eService ID and password of student
- Softcopy of Acceptance Letter from TLI (for enrollment into new course/programme)
- Softcopy of Birth Certificate PIN and one other form of Identity (National ID or Passport)
- Softcopy of Payment Slip (for Post-Graduate student
- Softcopy of Marriage/Divorce Certificate (for married/divorced student)
- Softcopy of Latest Result slip
- Softcopy of Deed Poll (for name change)
Where can I find more information?
For further information, you can speak to a representative at your Tertiary Learning Institution, call one of our ttconnect Service Centres using the toll free number 800-TTCN (8826), or visit us at one of our ttconnect Service Centre Locations