Emergency Cases Fund

Our searchable database of educational links and resources for teachers, parents and students of Primary and Secondary Schools in Trinidad and Tobago. Helpful links and information for stakeholders in education in T&T.

The Emergency Cases Fund provides access to several grants designed to assist needy persons as well as persons who have been victims of a natural disaster or who are in dire need of assistance.

What help can I get?

The grants administered under the Emergency Cases Fund are:

  • Household Items Grant.
  • Clothing Grant.
  • Housing Repair Grant.
  • Medical Equipment Grant.
  • Home Help Grant.
  • Dietary Grant.
  • Pharmaceutical Grant.
  • Education Grant.
  • School Textbooks Grant.
  • Special Child Grant.
  • Uniform Grant.
  • Burial Order or Funeral Grant.

Am I eligible?

To qualify for these grants you must be:

  • A victim of disaster such as hurricane, fire or flood.
  • A client of the Ministry of the People and Social Development or other needy person who is in dire need of assistance.

How do I apply?

You must visit the Social Welfare Division office in your district and speak to an officer. Follow the links below to view the application form and a list of office locations. The officer will fill out an application form and your application will be reviewed.

Emergency Cases Fund Application Form

Social Welfare Division Offices

What documents do I need?

  • Estimates from the supplier of the goods or service being sought.
  • Fire victims must submit a letter from the Fire Services Association.
  • Any other relevant documents requested by a social welfare officer.

Where can I find more information?

For more information on how to apply for these grants and the eligibility criteria, please contact the Social Welfare Division office in your district.

Social Welfare Division Offices

Forms and Other Downloads

Find Schools in Trainidad & Tobago

School Name
School Board