Disability Assistance

Our searchable database of educational links and resources for teachers, parents and students of Primary and Secondary Schools in Trinidad and Tobago. Helpful links and information for stakeholders in education in T&T.

Disability Assistance is a monthly grant of TT$800.00 provided to persons with a physical or mental disability that have been certified as permanently disabled by a Medical Officer of the Ministry of Health or a Regional Health Authority (RHA).

Am I eligible?

To qualify for this grant you must be:

  • Eighteen years of age or older.
  • Certified by a Government Medical Officer as unable to earn a livelihood due to illness.

How do I apply?

  • Collect an application form and a Medical Report form from the Social Welfare Board office in your district. The Medical Report form can also be obtained online. Follow the links below for the Medical Report form as well as contact information for all district offices.
  • Take the Medical Report form to a Medical Officer or your RHA to be completed. Follow the link below for contact information for health facilities in your area.
  • Return the completed forms to your Social Welfare Board office. You will be asked to attend a meeting with the Local Public Assistance Board, which makes the decision on all applications.

You have the right to submit an appeal, which will be considered by the Central Public Assistance Board if your application is rejected by the Local Board.

Medical Officer's Report Form

Social Welfare Division Offices

Accessing Healthcare and Emergency Medical Services

What documents do I need?

  • Identification card.
  • Passport.
  • Birth certificate and/or affidavit (if your birth certificate has no name).
  • Marriage certificate (for married women).
  • Certified medical report from a Government or RHA Medical Officer.
  • Follow the link below to obtain the Medical Officers Report Form to be completed by the medical officer.
  • Information from past or present employers (a Social Welfare officer will give you a form for your employer to fill out, if applicable).
  • National Insurance information.
  • Bank passbook.
  • Any other relevant documents that may be requested by a Social Welfare officer.

Disability Assistance Medical Officer's Report Form

Where can I find more information?

For more information on how to apply for this grant and the eligibility criteria, please contact the Social Welfare Division office in your district.

Social Welfare Division Offices

Find Schools in Trainidad & Tobago

School Name
School Board